The Desktop Publisher creates and maintains packaging design and sales support tools as directed to increase sales and profitability. They work with members of the marketing department, sales, sales support, and others to ensure continuity in our marketing message. They adhere to and promote the Company’s values by performing respective duties in a manner that supports and contributes to the achievement of the Company’s goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creating and maintaining packaging design, primarily header cards, in a timely and accurate manner
- Creating and maintaining sales support tools including point of purchase displays
- Creating and maintaining a database of promotional images for customers, the sales department, and representatives
- Ensuring cross dock label changes are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Producing and editing catalog pages as requested by the Sales department or vendors
- Supporting the Graphics Manager with product photography
- Assisting with trade show preparation and execution as needed
- Maintaining the marketing materials library; cataloging and filing all materials in a logical and easily accessible manner and ensuring they are continuously up to date
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor of Arts in graphic design or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience as a desk top publisher using Quark Express and Photoshop required
- Experience with web design, digital photography and Illustrator also helpful
- Familiarity with maintaining electronic files and using electronic equipment such as computers, digital cameras, desktop publishing and word processing software, other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.