This position is responsible for creating the internal/external web page(s) including graphics, animation and functionality, web page design layout and online content, user interface graphics, icons, color schemes, content, and infrastructure for new product release and new web-hosted product offerings.
A major portion of this position involves Web Page programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation, and administration of all applications related to the company’s product(s). This includes improvement to online sales activities that are designated leads for sales channels by combining clear communication and creative design work along with the technical skills to implement those ideas. The Web Developer must understand and leverage the Company’s business direction and goals to review and recommend changes to Company’s Web site to achieve these goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Researching, tracking and understanding new web technologies in order to provide technical leadership in developing services applications and analyze business requirements as they pertain to the company
- Performing development and maintenance programming for web pages and web applications
- Providing written design documents, test plans and test results
- Performing web suitability testing; assuring web server and site technical performance in day-to-day site maintenance activities such as posting monthly news articles, product updates, links review, fixing typos, etc.
- Developing, assessing, and communicating web site usage and security policies and standards
- Provide technical assistance to site administrators
- Develop creatives (banners, skyscrapers, pop-unders, email) for consumer oriented direct marketing and direct selling websites. Be able to implement testing methodologies to optimize consumer response
- Managing own workload, accurately estimating effort for tasks and communicating status
- Working with and acting as a liaison with partner and client companies to support Web sales channels
- Working with outside vendors in developing tests to ensure feature functionality
- Assisting in the planning of overall company strategy involving Internet usage
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5+ years in web development/web design
- Understand capabilities with eCommerce and Web usability concepts
- Experience in developing online marketing creatives (web pages, banner ads, site graphics, pop under etc.) for consumer interactive oriented Internet companies preferred
- Ability to proactively work effectively with sales, operations and HR Consulting to gather and make sure proposals meet the standards and current system architecture
- Solid understanding of Web marketing techniques preferred
- Strong organization, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail are required
- Ability to drive projects through to completion
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.