The Scrum Master has a keen ability to understand the fundamentals of literal development, incremental delivery, and the value of metrics. The person in this position exhibits leadership traits and can communicate effectively with a team to encourage and support the processes of software development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitating the planning and development of sprint demos
- Assisting with backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity and task definition
- Maintaining relevant metrics to assist the team with process development
- Coaching other Scrum Masters on the team and ensuring consistency across teams
- Acting as a liaison between developers and the Experience and Visual Designers
- Wearing multiple hats as a leader, coach, and Project Manager
- Maintaining solid communication across teams and throughout the organization to provide updates on developments and future goals
- Performing additional duties as requested
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an agile environment
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- Solid knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Knowledge and/or experience of Kanban
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.