Network Infrastructure Engineer’s Job Description
Engineers need to provide technical support to the development of infrastructure systems and services. They define, order, and monitor the installation and integration of hardware in the network, including routers, switches, servers, power systems, and cables. Engineers also plan, design, and deploy networks.
Engineers need to specify, test, and deploy new or enhanced servers, including applications and software services. They carry out troubleshooting of servers and decide on prioritization during service breakdowns and partake in detailed research to determine the sources and resolve them.
Technicians need to provide support to the existing LAN/WAN network environment and plan and implement new technologies, such as routers, switches, and wireless infrastructure. They have to make sure that operations’ workflow and practices and server maintenance are working effectively and efficiently to aid the improvement of performance, security system, and availability of systems and dependent ecosystems.
It is the responsibility of network engineers to ensure data backup is happening and processes and practices for recovery are in place. They need to generate and maintain technical documentation of the systems.
Engineers will also have to manage switching, routing, firewalls, LANs, WLANs, TCP/IP, VPNs, and VoIP. They must see to it that only the best practices are used for protecting network security.
Network Security Engineer Job Description
A network security engineer does a multi-faceted occupation in the ever-growing cyber battlefront of a computer network. Out of their job spectrum following are the most important responsibilities performed by them:
- Maintaining LAN, WLAN and architecture of the server as per the business policy
- As a precautionary measure, analyze and implement new security protocols for greater efficiency against any threat or malfunctions
- Implement a virus detection system beforehand for sound safety.
- Resolving the existing security issue including hardware malfunctions
- Tracking the vulnerable scripts to avert the potential threats
- Generating and maintaining the virtual private network, firewalls, web protocols and email security decorum.
- Reporting the security analysis of findings
- Maintaining the regulatory systems about ISMS policy (Information System Management Systems)
- Investigations of Security breach alert
- Developing the security authentication protocol
- Maintaining server and switches
- Maintaining & implementation of the SOP for Network security
- Status reports of hardware and software products as per designated policies.
- Supervising the installation of new software’s and hardware’s
- Recommend modifications in legal, technical and regulatory areas that affect IT security.
- Knowledge of performing routing protocols (MPLS, HAIPE/IP, QOS and WAN)
- Monitoring of web security gateways, perimeter security, network access controls, endpoint security