The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the development of the company’s marketing program. Assessing existing and potential markets, product life cycle planning, coordination of products development, development of product strategies, the definition of promotional activities, and product launch. Activities may include technical sales support, product advertising/promotion planning, developing and implementing multiple channel programs, and directing the development of company market requirements for specific products(s) or product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing annual marketing plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives; managing, implementing and executing the marketing policies and practices, which will include market research, competitor analyses, and customer service and retention monitoring processes and initiatives
- Building and managing marketing and customer service teams capable of carrying out needed marketing and service strategies
- Ensuring marketing communications are coordinated, including the development and distribution of all marketing collateral; will support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Sales organization
- Managing the pricing structures; expanding pricing models to ensure the competitive and fiscal viability of products
- Providing leadership in management and development of joint ventures, affiliations, and partnership arrangements
- Overseeing business and market development; performing market research and planning, strategic direction for promotion and advertising; may assist with the preparation of the annual operating plans and develop long-range product plans for the company
- Supporting Sales in establishing the direction and rationale for promotional activity on the product(s) line; identify requirements for Product training; will inform all sales personnel including sales channel of product changes, new products, accessories, and other technical data necessary to understand and implement the product selling strategy
- Executing the Company’s business marketing plan and achieve key milestone and revenue targets; developing in-depth knowledge of all competitive product offerings and tailor product strategy; supplying senior management team with up-to-date competitive intelligence; defining product attributes and differentiators
- Coordinating and managing PR (press releases, product announcements, press industry analyst meetings)
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline required
- Minimum of 10 years experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Prior marketing development and product launch and deployment
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Technical skills in strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising
- Must work effectively with Senior-level executives and staff; must also be able to work independently
- Must have a strong interpersonal skills and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- Excellent computer skills including all MS Office applications. (Word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint) required
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.