Manage the Company’s Information Systems policies to assure the development and implementation of data processing, computer operations, and related functions (communications, office systems, production activities, etc.) As a member of the management team participates in coordinating the strategic plan with the development of information systems. Provide ongoing analysis and planning of information systems. Making decisions for changes, upgrades, and new projects to facilitate meeting the dynamic business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluates business needs, objectives, and goals by researching available products and designating procedures to best meet those needs
- Maintains awareness of changing trends and regulations and acts as required
- Develops implementation plans for new projects by coordinating process with project leader
- Provides well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability
- Develops an annual budget by providing justification when needed
- Reviews and compares actual results to planned budgetary performance, preparing reports reflecting those results
- Develops configuration and performance standards. Implements and monitors controls to ensure such maintenance. Develop and maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Reviews periodically department procedures, staffing and equipment for maximum efficiency while controlling costs. Makes purchasing decisions based on bid pricing provided by monitoring accurate records maintenance
- Coach and direct staff in operational activities to ensure compliance with departmental goals, objectives, and budget. Conduct Team meetings in accordance with overall strategy
- Direct the department’s personnel administration activities including job assignment, training, performance evaluation, and compensation review.
- Ensures technology utilization providing a fast, accurate, and secure method to access information in a highly efficient and effective manner. Ensures service support in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field
- Minimum of five years experience in NetWare applications
- Minimum of three years managerial experience with supervising people
- Extensive experience in Local and Wide Area Networks
- Extensive experience with personal computers and software applications
- Certified Network Engineer (CNE) required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship