The Human Resources Manager is responsible for directing the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting of most or all of the Human Resources functions, including but not limited to the following: employment, recruitment, employee relations, EEO, Visa processing (H1B), compensation/benefits, and organizational development. Develop and drive creative HR initiatives and activities. Advise company management in Human Resources policy and program matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing and managing the Human Resource department; planning, organizing, and controlling all activities of the department
- Developing and administering various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; participating in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Implementing and annually updating compensation programs; conducting annual salary surveys and developing merit pool (salary budget), analyzing compensation, and monitoring performance evaluation program and revising as necessary
- Developing, recommending, and implementing personnel policies and procedures, preparing and maintaining Employee Handbook
- Performing benefit administration to include claims resolution, invoice approval, and annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow
- Developing and maintaining affirmative action program: filing EEO-1 annually, maintaining other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Developing and implementing strategic recruitment plan; ensuring selection of highly qualified personnel
- Establishing and maintaining department records and reports; recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Participating in administrative staff meetings; attending other meetings with business partners
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- A minimum of 7 years related HR experience, at least 5 of these years in a management role
- Broad generalist background including coaching and counseling, performance management, employee involvement, teambuilding, as well as compensation and benefits
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Experience in implementing and administering performance programs, preferably in a company that put strong emphasis on performance metrics
- Must have demonstrated success in recruiting and retaining diverse employee talent, including creating and implementing recruitment strategies
- Exceptional project and personnel management skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our senior management team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.